Welcome to my project page! Here is where I am attempting to organize some of my "projects" that I've done before. This website was
originally setup to give me a 'boost' for admissions into MIT. Turns out I got into Georgia Tech. I suppose now this only
exists as a way to catalog a few of the projects I have done in my spare time.
March 30, 2007
Today and yesterday I spent a ton of time turning last semester's UTA honors project into an html document. I've done a bunch of
other things too...
- Finally created an aerospace section
- added the airfoil honors project
- put up a picture of a cardboard airfoil I made (NACA 2412) on the aerospace page (which was way too much work)
- cleaned up the menu a bit
February 7, 2007
I am all situated here at Georgia Tech and decided to keep this website up, despite an obvious need to change its purpose. I
think it will simply continue to serve as a home for all the projects I have cataloged in here. There may even be a few more coming...
and possibily a home-built tesla coil coming too! So stick around! :-)
December 2, 2006
It is probably too late for MIT, but I have completed some updates. A big THANK YOU goes to roommate Daniel who has provided me
with pictures of my "toys".
October 24, 2006
- Created an article on how to build a frequency generator for under $11. I am on a
- Created a page on self supporting arches!
- The dictionary will stay where it is. I added a better interface with the cgi script.
- Created a frame stringer stress calculator program that I wrote the other day
to solve an ugly homework problem.
- I spent the summer going through each page and tweaking/fixing stuff. "Stuff" includes atrocious grammar, fixing invalid HTML,
trying to get a uniform look among the pages, adding printer friendly support. I'm about halfway through.
August 17, 2006
Finally got around to making a page for lock picking. Check it out in the
May 27, 2006
Created a method for [mentally] calculating squares.
April 18, 2006
- Updated 'computing' to reflect recent FORTRAN adventures
- Finished a dictionary, but don't have a home for it yet.
- Been cleaning up that 'about me' page, but I'm a bit hesitant to put it in public domain
April 7, 2006
- Broke 'Under the Hood' out into its own page, Under the Hood.
- Started working on an 'About Me' page.
April 6, 2006
Put up a "totally cool" hack. CT_RaidHack parses world of warcraft files (which I'm pleased to say I never have played).
March 30, 2006
- Overhauled the front page. It was quite embarrassing. Not that it's perfect now... but it is much nicer. :)
- Technically yesterday, but I added a bash script tutorial. Go check it out!
- I've been working on a few more pages these past two weeks. I don't get too much time to work on them, but they should be ready by next week or so!
January 9, 2006
November 13, 2005
- Fixed every page missing a DOCTYPE through a script I wrote (doctypeify)
- Added in a page on the creation of this website.
November 12, 2005
Cleaned up some pages (both HTML and content).
November 11, 2005
- Messed with the menu a bit... trying to get that to look sleek
- Added some 'heading' rules
November 10, 2005
- Finally added the 'Science' section
- Brought quite a few pages up to W3C standards
- Borrowed a graphic from Kristine for my math page!
- Spent the evening 'debugging' a Mozilla problem. Turned out to be a false tag in the cascading style sheet which FireFox was unable to properly correct.
- Started the use of Doctypes (4.01 transitional)
- Deleted a whole bunch of the [now] useless .HTML file equivalents of the new .shtml pages
November 9, 2005
- Gutted all the messy table code from every single .HTML file and replaced it with a clean and fast cascading style sheet.
- Added that snazzy 'Selevercin' graphic.
- Created navigation menu.
- Gutted all .HTML files and added SSI code to handle the menu and the "last updated" stamp. Then re-named every .HTML file to .shtml so that SSI will work.
- Created a must read essay on violence before admitting people into the writing section. This was done with PHP and cookies.
November 8, 2005
Went through every single .HTML page and added tables.
November 7, 2005
Got the text off the sides using tables. Looks great.
November 6, 2005
- Created the new project page
- Added file hierarchy to sort projects by category
- Wrote about 10 articles for 24 actual pages.
© 2006 Nic Reveles